You’re probably thinking 1 of the following things:
OMG! Capillya! How clever of you to spoof Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire cover!
Oh wait, isn’t it almost Thanksgiving? Wouldn’t this have been MUCH more clever to do back in October?
Wait a second that’s not even a YA novel why in the world are you spoofing it? LAME.
I really hope you’re not thinking that last one. And in response to all of those: YES I KNOW, GUILTY!
I wanted to do something different for today’s post because, quite frankly, I haven’t found any covers that have completely grabbed me lately, or I’m waiting on some interview answers from some fabulous author or designer to magically pop up in my email. It’s been Stalker City when it comes to compulsively checking my email, trust me.
Just the other day, I noticed over on Girls In the Stacks’ blog that they did a “getting to know your blogger” feature post. I thought it was really cool to peer a little closer into the lives of other YA bloggers. (I say this in the least stalkerish way possible) I’m a people person. It’s that simple — I like knowing about other people’s interests and personalities. Perhaps some of you are like me in that regard, so I thought I’d share some random facts about myself.
Truefax: That Cover Girl Edition
- I like to eat sweet and salty things together. You know, like jalapeño chips and cupcakes. My husband thinks it’s absolutely disgusting.
- I have a completely irrational fear of clusters. During high school, I couldn’t look into microscopes. I’m getting goosebumps and slightly freaking out right now just thinking about it.
- I actually don’t read as much as I’d like to. I average 2-3 books a month, and one of those books is a book club book. This is interesting because I have 32 books on my Christmas wish list and not a lot of time to read them. I’m assuming these 32 books will carry me into the year 2015.
- I used to play the flute, back when I was in the 4th grade through 7th grade (I call this my musical Golden Age which unfortunately coincided with my Awkward-looking Age).
- I don’t own any pets. This is just awkward and shameful for me to admit being someone who likes to read and runs a blog. I used to think this was a staple for being in both camps. If it’s any consolation, I grew up with 3 different dogs: Sasha, Freeway, and Speckles. (those last 2 absolutely ridiculous names chosen by yours truly)
- I wanted Brian McKnight to sing at my wedding. I know, I know.
- I’ve lived in 5 different places in my lifetime, in 3 different countries. As an Air Force Brat, I’ve flown on a plane 30+ times. Yet I still try to distract myself when it comes to takeoff and landing at airports because it always makes me nervous.
- My favorite book is The Kid in the Red Jacket by Barbara Park, mostly for nostalgic reasons. I read it at the most opportune time for a kid to read that book, and identified with the sarcastic Howard Jeeter.
- I’m one of 5 people I know in this world that actually eats circus peanuts. While at a register checking out this weekend, the cashier helpfully added that “old people eat them too.”
Yep, truefax folks.
But oh ho! Don’t think I’m letting you off the hook that easy. I love all the comments that I receive on this blog, and I’m curious about you, too. So below I’ve included a few random questions for you to answer in the comments! And when I mean random, I really do mean random.
Truefax: A Commenter Edition
- Since I don’t know what time zone you’re in, what’s the last thing you ate for breakfast/lunch/dinner (or snack #47 like me)?
- What’s your favorite book cover of all time? It doesn’t have to be a YA book, either.
- It’s Thanksgiving week in the US! Name one thing you’re thankful for.
- What’s the most awesome name you’ve ever heard? (It could be for a person, plant, dog, whatever)